GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
Grievance means a complaint that includes any kind of discontent or dissatisfaction or negative perception, arising out of anything connected with institute that a student or parent or staff member thinks, believes, or even feels, is unfair, unjust or inequitable. Grievance is a wrong or hardship suffered, whether real or supposed, which forms legitimate grounds of complaint. At any instance of stay in the institute, the spectrum of issues that may bother ones well being both physically and mentally, that disturbs efficacy and any one with such undergoing is termed as Aggrieved.
The Spectrum may include
- Physical assaults of any kind.
- Undue comments and gesture intended towards creating disruptive environment.
- Usage of any kind of slangs, etc.
- Any kind of plots towards harming the harmony of an individual.
- Propagating any untoward/misleading information on anyone with disruptive intension.
- Grievant means a student, parent, staff member or group of students or parents or staff members submitting the grievance having undergone any kind of incidents caused by other elements of the institute that potentially disturbs normal mindset in the working pattern.
Causes for Grief
- The causes of grief could be any aspect that prohibits an individual from performing to ones full potential. The causes may include those that are explained earlier.
- While the term “Grievance Redressal” primarily covers the receipt and processing of complaints from Stakeholders, a wider definition includes actions taken on any issue raised by them to avail services more effectively in order to perform to their full potential.
|1||Dr. Ramakrishnegowda C||Professor and HOD||Civil||Chairman||9448501565|
|2||Dr. A H Srinivasa||Professor and HOD||Mathematics||Member Secretary||9620228140|
|3||Dr. Mohamed Khaisar||Professor and HOD||MECH||Member||9620228031|
|4||Dr. Sharath Kumar Y H||Professor and HOD||ISE||Member||9480849443|
|5||Mr. Ashoka R||Librarian||Library||Member||9620228133|
|6||Prof. Santhy Ajish||Associate Professor||ECE||Member||9620228066|
|7||Prof. Ashwin H M||Assistant Professor||MCA||Member||9620228085|
|8||Prof. Shruthi N||Assistant Professor||CSE||Member||9538686126|
|9||Prof. Nandan Giri K||Assistant Professor||MBA||Member||9632620320|
|10||Miss. Lavanya K||Student||ISE||Member||7795144192|
|11||Mr. Suparshwa Pandit||Student||MECH||Member||9886433467|
|12||Mr. Alvin D||Student||MBA||Member||7676797080|
MITM GRIEVANCE REDRESSEL CELL
Maharaja Institute of Technology Mysore has been upholding and uplifting the stakeholders in realizing their potential in all spectrum of professional life. Ever since the inception of the Institute by proven academicians, the institute is strategizing, devising and establishing various schemes in all practices of the institute, those are intended towards advocating right morality and positive attitude in all walks of life.
Even when all elements of the system are in place, the possibility of human error of judgment does have the potential of disrupting the right motives of the system as well cause substantial harm to the integrity of an individual and the system as a whole.
In order to ascertain that such of disruptive roots are not nourished and to address all elements which otherwise would not realize full potential, the institute has established Grievance Redressal Cell.
The Grievance Redressal Cell of Maharaja Institute of Technology Mysore develops a responsible and positive attitude among students, staff and other stake holders in order to maintain a harmonious and conducive educational atmosphere.
Dr. C Ramakrishnegowda
Chairman, Grievance Redressal Cell
Dr. B G Naresh Kumar
Procedure for lodging complaint.
- The complainant may approach (personally or through written request/e-mail) or any of the committee members of the Cell. Alternatively, complaints can be submitted along with the necessary documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or in the complaint gateway of the institute’s website www.mitmysore.in.
- Upon submission, as required, that grievant shall present the case in front of the committee.
The complaint management mechanism is carried out in three levels in the institution. Received grievances are referred to different levels depends upon the gravity and importance.
Level-1:- The GRCMITM shall review the grievance received and make an assessment of the gravity of the complaint. If the GRCMITM deems that the grievance could be redressed at the department level, the same shall be forwarded to the respective head of the department to resolve the grievance within 7 working days. The head of the department to which the grievant belongs to shall then submit the report of actions taken at the department level. The actions could be Redressal of the grievance or non Redressal of the grievance. The GRCMITM shall then declare that grievance has been redressed at the department level by taking the consent of the grievant within a total of 10 working days from the receipt date of the grievance.
Level-2:- GRCMITM shall redress the grievance such as if the Grievant is not satisfied by the said Redressal at the department level and the grievance does not fall in the department’s scope. Depending on the nature of the grievance the chairman of GRCMITM shall form the enquiry team within 2 days from the grievance received in to level-2, comprising of the members of GRCMITM. The enquiry team shall then inquire in to the grievance and submit their findings and recommendations to the chairman within 7 working days from the formation of the enquiry team. The recommendations shall then be put up for discussion and conclusion of the case in the GRCMITM meeting. The GRCMITM shall then declare that grievance has been redressed at the committee level by taking the consent of the grievant and upon the approval of the Principal within 15 days from the grievance received in to level-2.
Level-3:- Principal shall redress the grievance if the grievant is not satisfied by the said Redressal at the committee level.
All the proceeding of the Grievance mechanism will be suitably documented and recorded.