Physical Education Department Physical education is an integral part of young people’s education. In this course, students can learn about the importance of being physically active as part of a healthy lifestyle. Physical Education Department has an important contribution to make in supporting students to discover ways in which they can increase their enjoyment, confidence and competence in a range of physical activities. They can learn about health-related fitness and to take responsibility for being physically active now and in the future. Overall, they can develop positive attitudes to physical activity and its importance in a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle. Physical Education Department at MITM provides an opportunity for all students to involve themselves in physical activity. The purpose and focus of PED at MITM is to identify skills and hidden talents among the students and motivate to excel themselves in the field of Physical education. Students can experience success in different ways in physical education. For some, the pursuit of excellence and the achievement of sporting goals will be the focus. For some, organising, leading and facilitating others to be physically active will be the measure of success. For others, including regular physical activity as part of a healthy lifestyle will represent a successful outcome. By using different curriculum models, students are supported not only to improve their performance in different physical activities but also to develop their understanding of the factors which impact on their personal performance and participation in physical activity.
- Click Here To View More
- To promote sport and fitness.
- To raise awareness of sporting, leisure facilities and achievements.
- To promote participation in sports among students and staff.
- To organize various kinds of sports activities [Intra and Inter disciplinary].
- To enhance student’s sportsmanship and commitment.
- To develop students in sports and discover their hidden talents.
- To assess existing clubs and facilities.
Welcome to the sports department of Maharaja Institute of Technology, we are very proud to be a part of an institute which as carved a niche in various sports activities.
At MIT we firmly believe that Sports not only provides entertainment but also helps embedding students with life skills which would help them through their lives. Sports today cannot be seen just as a form of physical activity but an engagement which helps in adding value and building character in students. Infect, sports offer wide ranging benefits and should be encouraged fully in view of the following.
- Sports help to inculcate values such as dedication, discipline and responsibility in students .most sports require that the person playing it be athletic or at lest be fit. While one can keep fit by going to the Gym.Sports offers more fun in the process of keeping fit.
- Most sports involve exercise, which facilitates soothing of the mind, as the feel good hormones of the body called endorphins are released. These are natural stress busters which induce a relaxed feeling./li>
- Most sports have an outcome where one player wins and the other loses. Winning and losing is a part of life as its part of sports too. Sports inculcate this much needed lesson in students so that they have the ability to accept failures with grace and move on to achieve Grater things in the face of adversity.
The dedicated sports director, staff and coaches of the department strive hard to facilitate students to play all sports but also prepare them to be fit and confident to take on the world. The management of this institute has spared no efforts in providing all the encouragement to the sports person and we grate fully acknowledge their love for sports.
VISION AND MISSION, OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SPORTS AND SCIENCE
All students will be physically active and educated, having acquired motor skills to perform a variety of physical activities, physical fitness knowledge, and intrinsic motivation to pursue a healthy and active lifestyle
The mission of the Physical Education Program is to provide a comprehensive, progressive, and articulated physical education program through quality, research-based K-12 instruction. Our students will attain the knowledge and skills to be physically active and healthy for life in the 21st century.
- Daily physical activity and health literacy are essential to the whole Student.
- Each student has differing abilities and aptitude for learning motor skills. The rate and style at which motor skills are mastered also differ among students and within each student from time to time.
- In the value of fitness practices to increase lifetime activity and reduce sedentary behaviors.
- That by integrating physical fitness into the broad range of activities that students enjoy, a bond is established between gaining and maintaining fitness and having fun while playing alone or with others.
- That less emphasis should be put upon competition in physical education activities and more emphasis on personal best and improvement.
- That all students can improve their health thereby enhancing their ability to learn and be successful in College.
- That physical activity provides the opportunity for enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and social interaction
Telefax : 08236-292603
Website Address: www.mitmysore.in
Name of the Co-ordinator: Shivakumar
Contact No: 9620220180
E-Mail Address: email@example.com