Computer Science & Engineering
Started in the year 2007, Department aims to create global players in the field by inculcation of soft skills as well as hard skills in students. In order to fulfil the objective of achieving academic excellence, the department is equipped with all infrastructure viz., highly qualified teaching faculty, state-of-the-art computing facilities and a sophisticated library housing voluminous text books and periodicals. Combined with the systematic teaching methodology in line with the current technology, department has ensured excellent results as well as placements at core software companies. There are ample opportunities for those inclined towards research. Department offers B.E, M.Tech (CSE), M.Sc(Engg) by Research and Ph.D programs. Department research center is affiliated to VTU, University of Mysore.
Department has a vision to provide learning ambiance to enhance innovations, problem solving skills, team spirits, leadership qualities and ethical responsibilities in all students through skilled and dedicated faculty, who focus on 3600 development of every student. Apart from effective mentoring system, the department has various student chapters (IEEE, IE, CSI, ACM, ISTE) through which they access and contribute to the latest in technology.
We believe in three qualities in a student. First, Knowledge. Syllabus is defined by university and our staffs teach them in classes or online tool, release videos of their lectures in youtube department channel. Students study, pass the exams. Finally, it is attained in every student. Second quality that is expected from an engineer is skill. We train all students in labs so that everyone possesses required skills in industry by believing that an engineer without skill is not an engineer at all. We encourage students to take up certifications from reputed universities of globe and from various IT giants to achieve this. Finally, we focus on building good attitude as one of the quality through proper counselling and regular guidance.
Dr. Shivamurthy R C
HOD, Dept. of CSE
From HOD Desk
It is my pleasure and honor to welcome you to the Department of Computer Science & Engineering at MIT Mysore. Computer Science & Engineering is one of the most comprehensive professional disciplines. Computer Science principles are employed in a wide range of industries. Over the last one decade, we have grown our expertise and competence in the core Computer Science Engineering and research.
Our primary importance is to motivate, inspire, build trust and confidence in students and they are also taught interdisciplinary themes such as Environment, Civics and Entrepreneurship. I welcome your interest in our department and wish you a very successful and enjoyable experience with us. The department is located in a sprawling environment with a state of art facilities and highly qualified faculty. The department works with the objective of addressing critical challenges faced by the Industry, society and the academia. Perhaps even more important is our unceasing commitment to our students, helping them to learn, grow, develop, and achieve their goals in their pursuit to excel in their professional career.
Department of Computer Science & Engineering is one of the largest department in Maharaja Institute of Technology Mysore with nearly 25 faculty members and 650 undergraduate, masters, and doctoral students. The department’s graduate programs continue to draw from a very strong application pool. The department was established in the year 2007 and since its inception the department has evolved from offering only undergraduate courses to offer post graduate and doctoral programmes in key areas of computer science & engineering.
The department faculty work with excellent team spirit in different technical team like Image Processing, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Machine Learning, Networks, Big Data, Wireless Sensor Network which leads to key research publications and consultancy in these areas. The department strives to provide a conductive environment for the students to develop analytical and practical skills and apply them to real world problems. To motivate the students the department organizes regular training in state of art software & hardware, arranges workshop, National & International Conferences periodically.
We welcome you to the Computer Science & Engineering Department as undergraduate or post graduate or research student and we hope to be part of your success.
Program Educational Objectives
The graduates of CSE will :
- Be successful in solving engineering problems associated with computer science and engineering domains.
- Work collaboratively on multidisciplinary projects and acquire high levels of professionalism backed by ethics.
- Communicate effectively and exhibit leadership qualities, team spirit necessary for a successful career in either industry, research or entrepreneurship.
- Continue to learn and advance their career through participation in the activities of professional bodies, obtaining professional certification, pursue of higher education.
Program Specific Outcome (PSO)
- Apply software engineering practices and strategies in diversified areas of computer science for solving problems using open source environment.
- Develop suitable algorithms and codes for applications in areas of cognitive technology, computer networks with software engineering principles and practices.
Program Outcome (PO)
- PO 1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO 2:Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO 3:Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO 4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO 5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO 6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO 7: Environment and sustainability: : Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO 8: Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO 9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO 11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO 12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
“To be a leading academic department offering computer science and engineering education, fulfilling industrial and societal needs effectively”.
- To enrich the technical knowledge of students in diversified areas of Computer Science and Engineering by adopting outcome based approaches.
- To empower students to be competent professionals maintaining ethicality.
- To facilitate the development of academia-industry collaboration.
- To create awareness of entrepreneurship opportunities.
|Academic Year||Sanctioned students||
The department is a R&D center for Ph.D students. This center is approved by Visvesvarya Technology Institute and Mysore University. The department has highly competent faculty. Several professors in the department have Ph.D degrees.
Areas of research are:
- Image Processing, Pattern recognition and Computer Vision
- Computer Networks
- Robotics and Artificial Intelligence.
- Machine Learning
Currently 16 Research scholars are pursuing Ph.D under Computer science and Engineering (Both VTU and Mysore University).
|Sl. No.||Details of Department Library||Number of books available in the department library|
|2.||Novel Books (English)||200|
|3.||Novel Books (Kannada)||300|
|6.||Story Book (Kannada & English)||25|
|7.||Competitive Exam Text books (PGCET, GATE, GRE)||12|
|9.||DVDs (Information Technology)||4|
Telephone:08236-292601 Telefax : 08236-292603 Head of the Department: Dr.Shivamurthy R C Contact No: 9620228810 E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telefax : 08236-292603
Head of the Department: Dr.Shivamurthy R C
Contact No: 9620228810
E-Mail Address: email@example.com