ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Established in the year 2008 and Mentored by Dr. T Vasudev. Total number of students intake 60 per year. The Dept of MCA imparts training for students to make them competent, motivated software professionals and technocrats. The department not only support freedom of thought, but also encourages growth, cultivates human values and concern for the environment and the society.
Prof. Manjunath B.
HOD, Dept. of MCA
The excellent infrastructure, teaching faculty of the best kind of the Department ensuring quality education such as interaction among students, parents and along with Training and Placement Cell ensures a bright future to our students. The Department of MCA is striving hard towards the goal of providing innovative and quality education with high standard to achieve academic excellence and provide platform for the students to achieve their career goals.
|We believe that this approach to teaching-learning, coupled with practical experience gained during Industrial Training in reputed organizations, equips our students to handle the challenges posed by the software industry.|
- The Department of Computer Applications was established in 2008. The Department offers Post Graduate Degree titled “Master of Computer Applications”. The department offers this course as 3 years (6 Semester) and 2 Years (4 Semesters- MCA Lateral entry through PGCET).
- The courses offered by the department focuses on preparing students for a global career by enriching the curriculum with the blend of theory and practical knowledge. Students are trained in the fields of Programming languages, Web Technologies, Application Software Development, Enterprise Resource Planning, Mobile development, Data Mining & Warehousing, etc.
- The Department also nurtures competent professionals through real-world project and foster continuous-learning.
- PEO 1: Graduates are prepared to be employed in IT industries and be engaged in learning, understanding, and applying new ideas.
- PEO 2: Graduates are prepared to be employed in academics and research environment.
- PEO 3: To provide an opportunity to students to learn the latest trends in computer technology and make them ready for life-long learning process with leadership skills and corporate social responsibilities.
- PO 1: Apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer based systems.
- PO 2: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze and assess software systems for complex application problems reaching substantiated conclusions.
- PO 3: Design computing system to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as safety, security and applicability.
- PO 4: Devise and conduct experiments, interpret data and provide well informed conclusions.
- PO 5: Use selected modern computing tools and techniques with dexterity.
- PO 6: Function professionally with ethical responsibility as an individual as well as in multidisciplinary teams with positive attitude.
- PO 7: Recognize the need for life-long learning with an ability to appreciate the importance of goal setting.
- PO 8: Communicate effectively on complex problems with the associated audience through effective documentation, presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO 9: Understand the impact of system solutions in a contemporary, global, economical, environmental, and societal context for sustainable development.
- PO 10: Execute the project either individually or in a group exhibiting skills to achieve productive goals.
- To be the premier source that provides a transformative education to create computer professionals, competent entrepreneurs & technocrats to meet the global challenges.
- To facilitate students to nurture skills to practice their professions competently to meet the ever-changing needs of society & environment
- To develop the potential of human resources with new ideas, research to meet the requirements of cutting edge technology
|Academic Year||Sanctioned Intake||Admitted Students|
MCA laboratory is equipped with 60 systems, with the following configuration. Laboratory equipped with multimedia projectors and secured by survielence cameras.
- Processor – Intel Core i3 – 8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz
- RAM – 8 GB
- System type – 64bit OS, X64 based processor
- Hard Disk – 240 GB (SSD)
- Graphics – Intel HD Graphics (Coffeelake 3X8 GT2)
- MCA laboratory is equipped with 150 Mbps switched network. All systems are equipped with 10/100 Mbps Ethernet cards
- Wireless access points are placed in building to server wireless needs
- IDE’s: Codeblocks, Netbeans, Spyder, Visual Studio, Turbo C, Android Studio, etc
- Operating Systems: Windows 10 Pro, Ubuntu 18.04.01
- Database Servers: SQL Server, MySql.
- Web/Application Servers: Apache, Apache-Tomcat, Glassfish, IIS.
- Designing Tool: UMLet.
- Tools and Technologies: GCC, C++, JDK, Python3, Xampp, NS2, awk, Perl, PHP, Rails.
- click Here to know the class room details.
- click Here to know the Infrastructure details.
- Classrooms equipped with multimedia projectors and secured by survielence cameras.
- Department has adopted visual aids for the effective teaching
- Class rooms are very spacious equipped with teaching aids like LCD projectors, speakers, traditional writing boards, etc
- Department has a library which is a source of information for various academic resources. Library collection comprises of text books, audio-visual study materials, seminar reports, project reports, application software etc which are made available for both students and faculty community for borrowing and reference.
Runners in State Level Technicel fest Infotsav 2016 SJCE Mysore
This was a successive achievement in SJCE for winning runners in state level technical fest Infotsav during 205-16. We had sent 2 teams for the fest and total 16 teams had participated. One of the senior’s team having good experience won the runners title.
Department of MCA
Maharaja Institute of Technology Mysore
Mandya – 571477
Telefax : 08236-292603
Principal: 9620228021 firstname.lastname@example.org
HOD : 9620228107 email@example.com